Juniata River Access Project
- Design and Detailing of Concrete, Steel, Masonry and Wood Structures
- Site Planning, Design, and Layout
- Landscape Architecture
- Recreational Site/Facility Design
- General and Joint Permits
- Erosion/Sedimentation Control Plans
- Floodplain Investigations
- Wetland Investigations, Delineation, and Mitigation Plans
- Environmental/Waterway Permitting
Mount Union Borough and Mapleton Borough, Huntingdon County
This project included the design of access launches to the Juniata River in both Mapleton and Mount Union, Huntingdon County, PA.
Both sites include kayak/canoe launch platforms, new gravel parking lots, canoe storage, and campsites for primitive overnight camping.
Unique elements per location:
- Mapleton Site includes : wooden canoe/kayak launch platform, wooden ADA accessible fishing platform, Adirondack shelter, canoe/kayak storage rack with locker storage underneath, and a vault comfort station.
- Mount Union Site includes: an asphalt roadway to the river, a concrete boat launch platform into the river, wooden canoe/kayak launch platform, canoe/kayak storage rack with locker storage underneath.
- Our client, Allegheny Ridge Corporation, coordinated both projects for the Boroughs. Both projects are part of the Juniata River Water Trail.
- Team designed/detailed unique elements such as wooden canoe/kayak launch platform, wooden ADA accessible fishing platform at Mapleton, wooden Adirondack shelter, canoe/kayak storage rack with locker storage underneath, concrete boat launch at Mount Union, and campsites
- Due to the amount of grading in the floodway, Mount Union needed a Joint Permit to create the boat launch.
For over 20 years I have had the privilege of working with Keller Engineers and their staff of surveyors, and civil and structural engineers on over $150 million worth of work. During these project relationships and partnering opportunities, my architectural teams have received nothing but premium professional services and courtesy towards my own staff, clients and prospective clients with stellar attention given to building and site details, client responsiveness and peer respect. I look forward to many more teaming opportunities and urge any other architectural firms, municipalities or clients who have not worked with Keller Engineers to do so. You will be pleasantly surprised! Richard L. Karcher, AIA, NCARB