Penn Cambria Site Improvements
- Site Planning, Design, and Layout
- Sidewalk Design
- Design of ADA Compliant Curbs and Ramps
- Parking Lot Design
- Erosion/Sedimentation Control Plans
- NPDES Permitting
- Stormwater Management, Analysis, Design, and Permitting
- Bidding and Construction Management
- Construction Stakeout (phase 3 only)
Penn Cambria School District, Cambria County
The project included improvements and reconstruction of pavement areas around the nearly 3-acre school campus. Specific work includes sidewalk and curb repairs, ADA curb ramp construction, signage and pavement markings, rehabilitation of the gravel overflow parking lot, and waterline replacement. Additionally, grading on the west side of the High School was completed to remove the driveway and reconfigure Auditorium parking.
- Significant stormwater upgrades were also made and provided a unique challenge in tying the proposed design into existing facilities.
- This project was completed in three phases, one per summer, to not disturb the academic year.
- Phase 1 – design and permitting for the entire project, and bidding, construction inspection/management on the north and west side of campus.
- Phase 2 – bidding and construction inspection/management for the south and east side of the campus.
- Phase 3 – bidding and construction inspection/management for improvements at the Elementary School/Administrative Building.
We have teamed with Keller Engineers on several design-build projects for PennDOT. When selecting a designer, the more critical factors are trust and competence, more so than a low price. If your designer makes a mistake in quantities it can cost you a lot of money. We have stayed with Keller Engineers because we trust them to provide competent service at a competitive price. S. Scott Grannas,
Grannas Bros. Stone & Asphalt Co., Inc.